By Tassia Dendrinou
Tassia’s Taverna, Fiskardo, Kefalonia
1 whole Lobster (1-1.3 kg)
2/3 cups of Olive Oil
3 Bay Leaves
800g Ripe Tomatoes
½ a Glass of Cognac
2 Medium Onions Finely Chopped
2/3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Chopped
1 small cup of Vinegar
- Fill a large saucepan with plenty of Water and add the Salt, Vinegar and 2 Bay leaves.
- When the water comes to the boil, add the Lobster and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the Lobster and reserve the cooking water.
- Heat the Oil and Sautee the Onion and Garlic.
- Add the Cognac, then the Tomatoes, Salt and Pepper and 1 Bay Leaf.
- Allow the sauce to thicken slightly and pour in the Water (3-4 Glasses) a little at a time as required during boiling (40 minutes).
- 10 minutes before turning off the heat, add the Lobster.
- Stir the Lobster into the sauce and finally add the Basil.
- Boil the Pasta in the Water having strained it first through a cloth, as the Lobster sometimes releases sand when boiled.
- The Pasta should be Al Dente. Drain, then mix with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped Parsley and serve.