Beach Cooking on Meganissi in a Thunder Storm
Bacon or Pancetta
Salt and Black Pepper
Grated hard Cheese (eg Parmesan)
Eggs (2 for 1 person, then add 1 for each extra person)
A little optional cream or evaporated milk
- Fry Bacon in Oil, then add Oregano and chopped Garlic.
- Add some Wine and reduce. Reserve.
- Beat the Eggs with some salt, pepper and some of the Cheese. Reserve.
- Boil Spaghetti till al dente, drain, leaving a little liquid still in the pan, then toss back in the same pan with some butter. When the butter is melted add the reserved Bacon mix.
- Warm all this through. Turn off the heat.
- Gently add the beaten eggs, stirring constantly to make show the eggs don’t scramble and are cooked through just by the latent heat of the Spaghetti.
- Stir with no heat until a cream is formed by the Eggs and Butter and then coats the Spaghetti.
- If the Spaghetti is not warm enough and the eggs are not obliging, just a little heat can be turned back on but should not be necessary. If it is all too dry a little cream can be added.
- 8 should not be necessary if everything has worked correctly.
- Serve with lots of Black Pepper and Parmesan.