Starfish Restaurant, Vasiliki, Lefkas
Fresh Ionian Sardines (well…fresh anyway!)
Oregano, Salt and Pepper
- Prep the Sardines. Put the gloves on (or your friends will leave the country), and for each Sardine.
- Break off the head, slide your thumb along the underside splitting the fish open and discard the gut and any bones.
- Flatten the fish open on a tray and repeat until you have enough Sardines.
- Place evenly in a fish ‘basket’.
- Grill on a barbeque for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with rice cooked how you like.