By Thomas Nastos
Captain’s Cabin, Fiskardo, Kefalonia
100g Salted Butter
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Onion
1 block of Feta Cheese
- Boil the rice in a saucepan of water for approximately 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Boil the Calamari in a separate pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Take half of the onions and garlic and fry them off in a pan with butter.
- Add a spoon of butter and salt to the pan of rice once the rice is drained.
- Add mixed herbs to the pan of garlic and onion, then add the tentacles taken from the Calamari and fry together for a further minute.
- Add a half cup of ouzo and a glass of wine to the frying pan.
- Add feta to the rice along with the contents of the frying pan and mix together.
- Stuff the Calamari with the rice mixture.
- Fry off the Calamari by searing each of the sides before grilling until cooked through.
- Place the stuffed Calamari on a chopping board and carefully slice into rings using a very sharp knife.
- Serve with Potatoes, Rosemary and Thyme.